Froydis Morgensen was far from a mystic. The legendary shieldmaiden had dedicated her whole life to hone her skills as a warrior, fighting with resolve, precision, and cunning against foes and monsters few would dare face, even amongst the fiercest of the Norse fighters. She was known as a pragmatic, if not a cynical warrior, and would often roll her eyes during the ancient rites that would be performed before battle, relying in no power but the sharpness of her spear and the strenght of her shield. That was before her injury, before that horserider slashed her neck open, before she almost drowned in her own blood. But in the mists of inconsience, as she was dragged away by pain, blood loss, and suffocation... she saw something.
Knowing her, it is hard to describe the surprise felt by the rest of her warband once she recovered from this gruesome injury. Before each battle, not only would she honor the gods and perform the rites, but she would call for Freyja to watch her fight, and she would gift each of her kills to the goddess as sacrifices, or even recruits for her godly host. Often, Froydis would look at the skies with a zealous gaze, as if she was touched by visions, her face struck by awe or splendor.
Little did they know, but on that day, at the edge of death, Froydis saw the Valkyries fly over the battlefield, collecting the souls of the fallen with the steel of their sacred spears. In a heartbreaking moment, she recognized Freyja herself amongst the death spririts, and felt the tip of her spear linger over her... but she was refused. She never knew if it simply wasn't her time, or if she was barred from the fields of Folkvangr as punishement for her ungodly life. This vision never left her.
This fantasy leather armor set for LARP is a medieval styled female armor perfectly suited for shieldmaidens and nordic warriors. With a shapely armor corset, a long combat skirt made of supple leather, this set inspires combat prowess and martial expertise. Very mobile and comfortable, this armor can be taken on and off without requiring assistance from a squire or sister in arms.
This leather armor set is quite versatile and can be used for a large array of female characters in fantasy or mythological settings. The elegant, feminine, and light design of the torso can easily suit elven scouts, sylvan rangers, forest archers, amazon huntresses, and renowned viking shieldmaidens.
- Dyed vegetable leather 8-9 oz / 4 mm
- Brown leather 9-10 oz / 4 mm
- Dyed vegetable leather 5-6 oz / 2 mm
- Antique brass plated eyelets, rings, rivets, and snap buttons
- Supple brown leather 3-4 oz / 1mm
- Adjustable torso with laces and snap buttons
- Shapely molded torso piece
- Small : 28-32 inches / 71-81 cm
- Medium : 32-36 inches / 81-92 cm
- Large : 36-40 inches / 92-101 cm
- XLarge : 40-44 inches / 101-112 cm
- 2XLarge : 44-48 inches / 112-122 cm
- Small : 24-26 inches / 61-66 cm
- Medium : 26-30 inches / 66-77 cm
- Large : 30-34 inches / 77-87 cm
- XLarge : 34-38 inches / 77-97 cm
- 2XLarge : 38-42 inches / 97-107 cm
- Small : 30-34 inches / 76-86 cm
- Medium : 34-38 inches / 87-97 cm
- Large : 38-42 inches / 97-107 cm
- XLarge : 42-46 inches / 107-117 cm
- 2XLarge : 46-50 inches / 117-127 cm
Handmade in Quebec, Canada, by Les Artisans d'Azure